Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

GE Washer WWA8360G - water flowing in to rinse cycle is extremely

GE Washer WWA8360G - water flowing in to rinse cycle is extremely slow. Took 1 hr. 20 minutes to complete full cycle through spin. Is there an easy fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Remove the hoses that go into the machine from the house, and look at the screens inside the valve, see if they are logged up? Mainly the cold water side, let me know what you see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My husband is going to have to shut the water off at the main and bleed the water system in order to take the hoses off of the washer. This make take some time.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
OKay I will be here. Just let me know what you find where the hoses connect to the machine...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My husband took the hoses off and blew the filter out with the compressor. I've put another load of laundry into the machine and the cold water is coming in fine. I will just watch when it comes to the rinse cycle and see if the water still flows normally - but I think you solved my problem.Smile

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I think so also.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, After letting the next load of laundry go through spin cycle - I
opened the washer and the water kept pouring in on the finished
clothes. The water would not stop coming in - we unplugged the machine
- water keeps coming in. The stop/pause button would not work - water
was getting very high - had to bail out machineand turn water off to the
entire house. What now?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Laura, your husband may have blew out the valves with to much air... you may have damaged the valves