Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

A few weeks ago the alarm on our Maytag frig model # XXXXX baes

Customer Question

A few weeks ago the alarm on our Maytag frig model # XXXXX baes serial 10509712jl was ringing and the light inside was off. The repair person replaced two circut boards one one door and one in back of fridge. It worked for a couple of weeks. Now the door alarm blinks all the time (like door is open) and the light inside is off. The water and icemaker work.
If you turn power off and turn back on it will work for a few minunets then all starts again.
We already spent several hundred dollars fixing it and want to try to fix this ourselves. My husband is an electrician and has some knowledge about fixing things
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the refrigerator and look on the side walls or the ceiling for the model number tag ? the one you gave isn't comming up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MF12568AES

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay what happens when you press and hold the door alarm button in for 3 seconds ? does it shut off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The light goes off but then starts blinking again and light in frig is always off

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. have your husband check the door switches (interior light switches) see if one is bad. check continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if he shuts the power off the lights come on and turn back on. Then if he pushes the button in frig the light will go off as it is supposed to. The tech did replace te switch on the right when he was here

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
when was the tech there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about two weeks ago

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I would call him back. did he warranty the parts ? I think theres a bad really on the main control but if you play with that he may not replace it .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
its hard to know for sure but if you keep working on this he may not cover it. have you called him back yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He came back and replaced the circuits again. He said there is nothing else he can do. I don't have a warranty on the parts

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well for one thing I would demand my money back this guy didn't fix the issue and he sounds like a thief if he didn't warranty anything. (just my opinion) the door switches in this are two way switches and just because the light works inside doesn't mean the switch is good.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I would replace the switches. thats what sends the signal to the control that the door is open. with everything else replaced that has to be the issue. heres a link with a video on how to test a three way switch. you can also order them there. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/12002646/1164494?modelNumber=MFI2568AEB?RCAID=1000065 he replaced one but there is probably another one thats bad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up,Is there anything else your expert can assist you with ? Did He or She help to resolve your issue?If you still need help just reply and they will continue to assist you. All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, They don't receive credit for helping you until you rate them 3 or above. This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.