Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag neptune model mah4000aww the hi speed spin

I have a maytag neptune model mah4000aww the hi speed spin wont spin it drains ive tested the out of balance switches they are fine. Its only been aprox 3-6 months since ive replaced the motor and control board. The wax motor works fine and locks the door and activates the spin switch it also passes cont test r-11 resistor not burnt out. Motor test revealed that it will spin thing else to test please any ideas im at my wits end
.i cant find any
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the motor test shows that it will spin, then you have a bad out of balance switch. It doesn't matter if the switches test good because they only need to open for a slip second and that will stop the unit from going into high speed spin. Usually the top out of balance switch is the one that fails because there is a ball bearing inside the switch that will cause the switch to go bad over time. Either way, you can confirm this by disconnecting the 2 blue wires that go to the back left corner under the top panel. Then put a jumper wire to bypass the switches in the connection where the 2 blue wires connected. Tape the connection with electrical tape to make sure it doesn't short out while conducting a test, but if it goes into spin, replace that top out of balance switch.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i actually have done that with no change

Then the only thing left would be the motor control board or the main control board and there is no way to test which one because it thinks that the unit is not balanced. The motor control board or the machine control board would need to be replaced, and that's a decision on which one you'd want to replace because again, there is no way to test.