Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

Whirlpool duet problem: Washing machine stops 3 minutes into

Whirlpool duet problem: Washing machine stops 3 minutes into cycle and we get an F & H error code (and the add a garment as well as door lock lights are both on). We can press pause and door unlocks but still flashing F & H and cycle does not continue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you tonight

repairguy :

Can you get the unit to drain the water it fills into the tub

Customer:

yes, if I move it to the spin cycle

repairguy :

FH is indicating that the flow meter is not picking up from the pressure switch that there is enough water in unit.

repairguy :

Have you ever had the top off of this unit

Customer:

no. but there IS water, just not sure if enough.

Customer:

since add a garment light is on is it wanting us to add more clothes

repairguy :

To access the Flowmeter and Pressure Switch – remove the three screws in the top panel along the back of the washer. With the screws removed, the panel should slide back, then, lift off. The flowmeter will be located on the left-hand side of the washer (facing from the front) between the inlet valve and dispenser. It’s a small white plastic device with hoses attached. The pressure switch is located on the right-hand side of the washer in the rear. It is a round plastic device with electrical connections and a hose attached.

repairguy :

you will find a tech sheet under the lid also that will give you help putting the unit in diagnostics and then determining which part is giving you the trouble

Customer:

what would we do with the flow meter and the pressure switch/

repairguy :

Look for damage make sure all wires connected and if hoses are attached

repairguy :

Also will you please give me the full model number for your unit

Customer:

where is the owners manual on this machine

Customer:

GHW9400SU0

repairguy :

The owners manual would have been given to you at the time of purchase, under the lid is a tech sheet that helps put the machine in diagnostics and helps you with error codes and gives advice on what to test to perform on different parts

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

we are not the original owners. do you have a source online

repairguy :

please let me know what you find once you are inside the unit

Customer:

OK

repairguy :

Let me see if I can find one for you

repairguy :

This link should get you to where you need to download a owners manual

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.