Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

my dryer is not working, lights are on but when i push start

my dryer is not working, lights are on but when i push start everything goes off.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you getting that from inside the door on the tag ? its not comming up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its on the top of the dryer.

Sorry I have no info on this model. I'll put this back at the top of the list. thanks. Bryan

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

YOur model number should be found here and should begin with a "W"

Find Your Dryer Model Number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When the lights go out, does the light inside the dryer still come on when you open the door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no now the little lights that come on the front when you hit power are not coming on.

Have you verified that you have 240 volts coming into the dryer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i do, i,ve been using the dryer for 2 years.

I understand that you used it for 2 years, but you could have a wiring problem going to the dryer causing the problem, that is why I asked you are you sure that you have the proper voltages going into the dryer. If you do not check it, then you do not know, there would be no need to go any further on figuring out what is happening unless we are sure that the voltages are correct to the unit..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The plugs seem to be ok.

Then you need a new control board it looks like..
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do, I had someone come in today! A bit of a drag I had to stay off work and have someone come in anyway!!!!