Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool washing machine Ultimate Care II Quiet Wash

I have a whirlpool washing machine Ultimate Care II Quiet Wash I model number LSB6200Kq0. A few weeks ago it began leaking from the back on the bottom but only when I washed towel. I checked the hoses no leaks there. Now the washer will fill with water but will not agitate, spin, or drain on any cycle/setting. What could be the cause and are the two problems related what needs to be repaired?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a moment to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure

Ok sounds to me from everything your telling me that there is a problem with the pressure switch, Access the control panel, The pressure sitch is the part with the tube attached, Pull the tube off then blow into the tube, plug it back in then plug the power cord back in, Try the machine.

If this fails to clear the problem then replace the pressure switch.

Click here to order the part

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are the two issues related/ or a cause/effect from one another?

Yes seems like the tub may have been overflowing due to the pressure switch failing during the wash cycle. It may have got out of calibration and just putting too much water in, The washer filling then stopping is very likely the pressure switch because the pressure switch is what activates the wash cycle.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX doesn't work do you have any other suggestions on what could be causing the problem?

No other then a bad motor I can't think of anything