Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

Please help me get more water level in my wfw70 washing ma

Customer Question

Please help me get more water level in my wfw70 washing machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!

Appl-Tech :

May I have the complete model number and make of your washer, please?

Appl-Tech :

The model number should be a label on the door or door frame.

Customer : Whirlpool duet www70hebwo ser# c32353560
Appl-Tech :

OK, Thanks
Is this machine new to you or have you had it awhile?

Customer : New
Appl-Tech :

Unlike your older washer, where you could set the water level to suit your needs, all the new washer are required by government regulations to consume less water. This is the most common complaint I get from my customers after they purchase these new washers. There is no provision or ability to change the water level of the machine.
It is set my the manufacturer and can't be changed. Doing so would invalidate your warranty, and would cause the machine to malfunction due to overloading with added weight of more water.
I wish I had another answer for you, but that is what you will face no matter what brand you buy.
The machine will work with the amount of water that comes in. I have this same washer and it works quite well.
Be sure to use only HE detergent or the machine may flood.

Customer : I understand the warranty thing, but isn't there a code or something that can be changed to get say 50% more water to enter the machine
Appl-Tech :

No like I said, there is no way to adjust the water level. It is set mechanically and there is no adjustment.
I wish I could help you out, but there is no way. I would certainly tell you if there was a way.
I hope you understand. I don't make these new machines, and I agree with you 100% but I looked on my machine and it could not be done.

Customer : Ya I opened mine too and saw it would have to be done electronicly if someone knew how.
Customer : Thanks but I can't take no for an answer.
Appl-Tech :

I am sorry for the answer, but your 'poor service' rating is a big negative for an accurate answer and reflects poorly for me on JA :(
There is no way to adjust the switch for the water level. It is a combination high low and overflow switch. If you could adjust it there would be no way to control the other aspects of the switch (overflow and low)
I gave you an honest answer. I thought that is why you came to JA.
I can set up a link to download the technical service manual for the duet washer. You can read thru it and you will understand what I am telling you. Tell me if you like to do that. This is all I can offer you.

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.