Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

Refrigeration - KFXS25RYBL2 - YOUR SENT (2) REPLACING WATER

Refrigeration - KFXS25RYBL2 - YOUR SENT (2) REPLACING WATER FILTER BY FILTER REPLACEMENT -"Replace FILTER". WE HAVE TWO FILTERS, SIGNS TO DOOR - "Replace Filter". HEY GUESS?
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do you need help installing the new filter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! At the front of part number 12 below, there is a small latch. Release that latch so it opens and allows the filter to be exposed. Grasp the filter and turn to the left, counterclockwise. Install the new filter and run about 2 gallons of water through the dispenser to flush the new filter. That's it! You don't need to turn the water off to the refrigerator, either!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two filters one month or 5 weeks. "Replace Filter" and on door, already
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so you do not need help replacing the filter but resetting the light. I am sorry, I did not quite understand what you are asking. You need to reset that when you replace the filter. Apparently you did not do so when you replaced the filter the first time?

Reset Water Filter Status
After changing the water filter, reset the status light. Press the
OPTIONS button to enter Options mode, then press LOCK to
initiate the reset, then press MEASURED FILL to confirm that you
want to reset the status light. When the system is reset, the
“ORDER” and “REPLACE” icons will disappear from the display
screen.

Please do not rate BAD or POOR service. I will help you until we get it figured out, there appears to be a bit of a communication barrier, so it may take a few question and answers back and forth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Water filter in 4-5 weeks. Till, a "replace filter"
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you tonight. The indicator is set up through the user interface, which is suppose to tell you approximately every 6 months that you need to change filter. Obviously yours is not acting correctly. Other than the light coming on there is absolutely nothing happening to you filter itself. The refrigerator does not know if you changed the filter or not, so you could just reset the light and change every 6 months yourself, or you can change the User interface board to repair the light coming on so often.

http://www.automaticappliance.com/lookup/215735/1465576 is a link to show you where the part is you need part number 2. A little hint this is a great website to show customers where parts are, but sometimes a little pricey, so I would google search the part number if you decide to repair the unit.

I hope this answers your question, but if you still have something please send me a message and I will get you a answer ASAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hay! "Replace filter" gone! A "unlocked" or "lock" a light screen?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking how to unlock or lock the light screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ice or water an 6 light display .
Ice. Pads (?). Temperature. Option (check in 2 and 3 grid). Unlock. Measured fill.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
you should go to the options first then hit the lock, if I am understanding your question correctly
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
How am i giving you poor service, you are asking question that make no since. I have more experience repairing appliances than most experts on here, but have to have a ledgable question to give good service. Good Luck!
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.