Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a 10 year old Bosch dishwasher that is not cleaning.

Have a 10 year old Bosch dishwasher that is not cleaning. Model # XXXXX Water not spraying very hard

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon. first have you cleaned the filter in this ? second how much water is in the bottom after this first fills at the beginning of the cycle ? in inches.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

filter clean

and how much water ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

let me check...model number shv4803uc/u07

okay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

very little water as it is only trickling water from spray bars

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

website sux with all these pop ups and cross selling

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

verus impeller or pump?

yes because theres not enough water therefor no pressure. trust me we do a lot of these.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

easier fix for shure

yes and very common on these.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in other words, defective water inlet valve would cause spray arms to trickle

Okay this is how it works, if theres not enough water the pump doest build up any pressure to push the water through the spray arms. try this. pour about another gallon into the machine by hand then start it. open the door fast and you should see this spraying much harder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no a little harder but not reaching dishes :-(

well I'm not sure then. Either theres still not enough water or maybe the pump is bad but these pumps don't go that often. I'm opting out maybe someone else can tell you whats going on. I've done a lot of these machines and I don't think I've ever done a pump but could be . thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

remember it is running in test mode

try taking this out of test mode and try it. I don't think that makes a difference though it wont hurt to try

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Video of spray bars and noise

Here is video of inside dishwasher as door is opened.

Pay attention to sound and low stream

Click on down load now button as your website does not accept the latest Microsoft .MOV files

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=7a05663e575728949b4597f03ab4-e94c1db7ae4816de&targetID=KWEBPhg_YfzLmqKFtASr3dr8J5NxiMAnb

Try this as your company's lack of technology leaves a lot to be desired.

Very frustrating user experience...

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I was able to view the video. That was very helpful, thank you. The water level is indeed way too low for the dishwasher to work properly. The water level should be well over the filter, shown in the picture below. I would remove the water line that comes from your home's supply to the water inlet valve, looking for any obstruction in the screen, like mineral deposits or sand. If cleaning does not remedy the low water level and pressure to the valve is good, the valve will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what you find, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no trash in the inlet valve screen

Okay, have you verified the pressure to the valve is strong?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as soon as we turn on water we will know...replacing cut off valve under sink now since it sprayed a little when I turned it off...don't like that....

I agree, good idea! If you have good pressure there, the valve will need to be replaced. The correct one for your model is pictured and available below.

Water Inlet Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good pressure....no luck in getting dishwasher working properly after replacing cut off valve

darn

Yeah, that is a bummer. The inlet valve is probably plugged inside or the solenoid is not opening as it should. At least the valve is not ridiculously expensive! I guess that's one good thing....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No water in bottom of dishwasher...

You 95% confident that it's the inlet valve and not a impeller or main pump?

Yes, with no water, it will not wash. To ease your mind, the link I sent you will allow returns of installed parts, so you have no risk....
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just ordered

Thanks

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Protech and Kelly...0 for 2

Both recommended water inlet value...

And, it did not work after installing new one...

Bummed

Are you still seeing a very low water level?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct no change

If the pressure to the valve is good, you should be getting adequate water level. Can you pull the unit out and remove the LH side panel to expose the water fill assembly pictured below (on the right in the picture) and see if there is any visible obstructions anywhere, please? This almost always causes overfilling, but you have a very odd issue going on.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Called Bosch and they said their stuff is designed to work for only 8 years...maybe its time to replace

Have a recommendation?

That is manufacturer wide and, in my opinion, pretty sad. If I was replacing it, I would buy a Kitchen Aid, mostly because they are much more service friendly but they are a very high quality machine. If you ordered that part through the link I sent, you may return it, even after being installed, for a full refund.