Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Haier model htf1814gaalvs top freezer refrigerator.

Customer Question

I have a Haier model htf1814gaalvs top freezer refrigerator. Box is warm while the freezer is cold. Looks like evap motor is on the blade just rocks back and forth until I stick a slim screwdriver in and get it moving. I have ruled out the evap coil being solid as I let the refrigerator unplugged without any change in results when I turned it on the next day. Does this seem reasonable that the evap fan motor is not working right? Where do I find the parts or is there an universal changeout part. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Without doubt the evaporator fan motor is bad, This is a common problem. You can get the motor by taking the model number to a local appliance parts supplier and asking for the evaporator fan motor.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,