Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

door latch &/or handleis broken. how can I get the door open?

door latch &/or handleis broken. how can I get the door open? maytag quiet series 300 dishwasher.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon. I know you may not have the model number but if you do can you get that to me ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this #

is on sales ticket. mdbtt60aww can t find anything else.

perfect. Now is the handle part you push up just like dangling ? loose ? if so you may have to break that off completely so you can get a screw driver into the slot and pry the latch assembly down to release it. it wont matter because the part comes all one piece. so you will be replacing the whole setup. heres a link to order it. its around $26.00 place a flat head screwdriver into the hole where the latch handle was and pry it down. it should open.