Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

LG dishwasher Model LSF6920ST IE error I replaced the Water

Customer Question

LG dishwasher Model LSF6920ST IE error I replaced the Water Valve on the dishwasher and the Guide assembly Part 5221dd1001a and 4975dd01001a and I still get the IE error this dishwasher is only 1 1/2 yesrs old took off the front pannel and checked the wires no problems were located. There is plenty of water presure pushing to the valve assembly.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If water actually goes into the machine at first, the flow meter, is likely faulty. Can you please double check that model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model LDF6920ST If you look up the two parts 5221DD1001A and the 4975DD1001A The 4975DD1001A came with all of that including the 6501DD2001A as the Water flow sensor..ttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DPFN4Y. Thw water does not make it thru the Water valve 5221DD1001A..

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, I see that now. The valve, the sensor and the control are all that are involved with the circuit that controls the water input. If the valve is new and the sensor is new, that only leaves the control and wiring. You didn't notice any issues withe the little connectors on the control or the parts you replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything was looking good I even checked the resistance of the inlet valve matched perfect. Need the instructions on where to search next?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, the only thing left is the control. If you are certain the wiring is okay, the control is not "seeing" the flow meter signal or not energizing the water valve to fill. I believe the control is at fault. THat control is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok - 6871DD1006Q Control card has been replaced and still Im getting the IE error Please assist on what the next step should,be with exact step to step instructions and the look for bad wiring wont fly I have looked at all of the wires pull the dishwasher out validated every thing I could find. I checked the resistance of the inlet valve and leading wires to the valve no problems matched perfect.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

My name is Jon and I am an authorized LG service tech and I can help you today. If you still need it?

The IE or 1E error is for a water inlet error. Which either means that there is something preventing the water from coming into the dishwasher. Whether it is the control board that opens the solenoid on the water valve to let the water come in, the water valve itself, or the clog in the hoses or valve. You will have to check the following components to find out for sure.
Have you checked power to the water valve when it was trying to fill with water? and have you checked both the water fill hose screens and the water valve screen for sediment that can clog the flow of water to the dishwasher?

Now since you changed the control board and that didnt help, we can likely rule out the fact that there is no power coming into the water valve. It is highly unlikely that you had two bad control boards.

So lets look at the valve. Gain access to the valve and water supply line and shut off the water to the machine. next remove the water valve and hose to it. Check the screens of the valve and the hose for sediment. If you find sediment it could be blocking the flow of water to the dishwasher. And will prevent the dishwasher from filling. If so, flush out the sediment with warm water. Dont try to remove the screens. it will be impossible to get back in the right way without any damage.
If no clogs then you will have a bad water inlet.

Please run those checks and get back to me here and let me know what you have found and I will help you more. I will also get you parts info should you need it so you can order the parts.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please spend time and look at the beginning of this conversation I'm very disappointed in the response received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting for a response can someone please help
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked power at time of fill to the water valve? It's as simple as that?

If yes, and no voltage to the valve, replace the control. If voltage but no fill, replace the valve and flow meter.

Now if you have replaced these parts already and you still don't have water then either you have bad parts or somewhere there is a shorted or damaged wire on the fill circuit. And that would require a lot of time checking the entire units wiring.