Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Have a Maytag Gas Double Oven Range, Precision Touch 750 Series,

Have a Maytag Gas Double Oven Range, Precision Touch 750 Series, serial no. may be 8114P850-60 (03-01-00). There are no other numbers anywhere. Vintage about 2009. The lower oven will not work. The electric ignitor works fine but the natural gas will not flow into the burner. Probably needs a small electric gas valve. What do you think and can I order the part from Maytag directly?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The model number you provided is not coming up on my system, can you look inside the drawer to the left or right or around the door jamb for the full model number, it will start with letters followed by numbers.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not at home so cannot do this now. We have this house for sale but need to get some things repaired. Can reply tomorrow. Maytag said to look inside the oven(s) which I did and found two silver tags with customer service numbers on it and the other numbers in tiny print. Guess you are saying to look on the side of the door - is that right? How do we proceed from here?

I know what the problem is but without the model number I can't give you the part number, although you can get this from any local appliance parts store
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you will give me your email address I will send you the info tomorrow.

Tom

Sorry Tom we are not able to communicate anywhere else but here, Terms of service :(

The problem here is going to be the igniter, Take the floor out the oven then remove the flame spreader, you will see the igniter toward the rear of the burner. Set the oven for 350f then watch to see if the igniter glows.

If the igniter does not glow shut the power off then pull the igniter out and test it with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it reads open then it will need to be replaced.

If the igniter does glow then it's still bad, a good igniter will glow bright yellow to the point where you cant look at it, If the igniter glows yellow/orange it's bad.

Feel free to come back at any time after rating me to post the model number so I can look up the part number :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,
I have to use a library computer right now so can only get on at certain
times.
You advised that the ignitor on the Maytage oven is faulty but you need a
serial number. There is no serial number at all on or in the range
whatsoever. Strange. Anyway, I found a technical information sheet that
has these letters/numbers on it. MGR6775ADB/Q/S/W. Perhaps you can now
provide the part number and where I can buy it. Again, this is a Maytag
Gas Double Oven Range Precision Touch 750 Series that was installed in mid
2009.
Thanks,
Tom

Will have to get back to you shortly, I'm on a service call, thanks
Below is a link where you can purchase the oven igniter Tom.

Click here to order the igniter <<<<<< ORDER YOUR PART HERE :)

Thanks