Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag DG412 gas dryer buzzes when start button is pushed but

Maytag DG412 gas dryer buzzes when start button is pushed but produces only a slightly burnt smell, dryer will not start. Usually starts with an hour or two between loads but this time no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, can you have someone push the start button for you while you reach in and spin the drum and hold the door switch in ? will it start then ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes That started it

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. whats going on is you motor has a dead spot on the start windings. as you know this used to start after a couple of hours after you used it. Well the start windings are getting worse but you can replace those you would need to replace the motor to fix the issue. Drive Motor W10410999 Main Product View its around $124.00 so thats up to you. heres a link to order it and theres a video there to show you how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/W10410999/2118676?modelNumber=DG412?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks You confirmed what I suspected and I think I will look for a new dryer rather than put a motor in this one since it seems to take longer than other dryers to dry a load of clothes though it has two elbows and 7' of 4"x28guage pipe to the vent

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Yes this is an old dryer and has probably given you many years of great service but like all things they have to retire someday Smile Please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off. Have a great weekend and thanks. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up,Is there anything else your expert can assist you with ? Did He or She help to resolve your issue?If you still need help just reply and they will continue to assist you. All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, They don't receive credit for helping you until you rate them 3 or above. This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.