Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Wolf S030 F/S oven displaying "COMM ERR"

I have a Wolf S030 F/S oven. The display is displaying "COMM ERR". It flashes this error code. Sometimes the display goes blank. Sometimes it flashes a BUNCH of other data. The oven will not go on. What steps can I take to reset and make the error go away?

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The error you are seeing indictaes that the electronic control are having issues "talking" to each other. The error means Communication Error. Usually this is due to a poor connection, but if the control is going dark, it is likely faulty. You can verify all connectors are tight and plugged in securely, the cables are not melted, pinched or burnt. If all cabling looks good and no areas of obvious distress are seen, the main control will likely need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kelly - thanks. I was able to clear the error message. Don't ask me how ... I think I hit the ON button and held it for a few seconds. The oven is now on but not reaching the temp requested. It stops at 358 ... Trying for 425. And the
COMM ERR still shows. How do I check the connectors? Is it merely pulling the oven out of the cabinet? The oven just went up ...
Yes, you will need to pull the oven and remove the top access panel. It will be very heavy, they are built extremely well, so make sure you have help!