Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Make ice faster

Make ice faster
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The production of ice is directly related to how fast the thermostat senses the temperature of the mold. If the temperature in the freezer is higher, it slows production. If air flow is reduced, it makes it slower. So, make sure the freezer is at least 0* F or colder and the air flow is not obstructed. Make sure all shelves allow air on the sides and back to pass freely. Let me know if it improves.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How quickly would u expect ice to be made....
One batch about every 2-3 hours under optimal conditions, which means no door openings, perfect air flow with no obstructions, etc. So, about 8-10 batches per day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So how will I know if I need a new ice maker... I suspect that the ice is simply not is gold but I have to press a button to get it to flip... Please advice... Also are all Bausch ice Majers the same
If you have to initiate the harvest each time, the ice maker will probably need to be replaced. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?