Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am trying to replace the moisture sensor in my whirlpool

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the moisture sensor in my whirlpool electronic electric dryer model GEW9250PWO. The video made it look relatively simple. I took the top off...and the video showed two tabs to push to release the front control panel. This model has no tabs and I can not figure how to remove the front control panel...any suggestions..Thx Chris
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! You don't need to remove the front panel as the video shows. You can get the moisture sensors out by removing the screws from the inside of the drum on the filter screen and taking them out that way. You will need to remove the lower panel to unplug the wires from them, though. Let me know if you have trouble.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
The video below starts at 2:04 at the part you can do inside the drum.

CLICK HERE