Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a whirlpool duet dryer that wont start. I set it to

I have a whirlpool duet dryer that won't start. I set it to any setting and push start and it beeps 3x and time flashes. Diagnostic mode gives an error code 7E. I have replaced the door switch already and the thermal fuse. Do I need to replace the control board? Model GEW9260PW0
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do you have a meter to test the door switch circuit directly at the control board?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't

Okay, it is unlikely that the circuit has issues, especially since you replaced the switch. We could tell for certain with a meter, but I think the control is likely to be at fault, not recognizing the door switch input. However, since we are not 100% certain, I have provided a link to a company that will allow you to return the control, even if installed. That way, just in case, you will not be out the part cost!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!