Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE triton xl dishwasher mod GSD6200 J01WW. The other

I have a GE triton xl dishwasher mod GSD6200 J01WW. The other night during a storm our power went out twice within a 5 mite period. The dishwasher was off but was making a high pitched whistle/sound. I replaced the control module - still whistles. I disconnected the control panel / touch pad and powered unit, still no joy. The breaker did not trip. I have Gulf Power surge protection and they came out and checked their equipment and reported that I did not get a surge from them. What should I do next? TKs
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry you are having to deal with this issue. I know how frustrating appliance problems can be! Can you tell where the whistle is coming from? Does the dishwasher light up and start or what exactly happens, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No lights and no start. Sound is coming from the control module, there is a circle cut out and a black disc object. this is where the sound appears to be coming from. IT is a high pitch whistle / alarm which is constant until power is turned off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

An earlier question (729 days ago was addressed by mike), but I could not research their final solution. My problem sounded similar if that helps.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you measure continuity through those round parts with the wires off, please? Also, may I have the serial number from your dishwasher?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

neg on continuity. Part is located on control module plse see pic attached. THe "speaker" if that is the correct term is brownish in color and has the numbers 8693 stamped on it.

unit serial num is AG846715B Mod is GSD 6200J01WW

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand now, thank you. I thought you were speaking of a thermal fuse that is on some of these units. If the control is still unresponsive, I suspect the touch pad will need to be replaced. That panle is available below from a company that allows returns on installed parts, so there is no risk involved in ordering. With a dead control, it is a bit of an educated gusee, but since the control has been replaced, this is the only component left that can cause the symptom you are seeing.

Touch Panel Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ordered touch pad part. should be here Tuesday with overnite fedex. Will let you know ASAP. Tks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you. Have a great rest of your day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

part arrived, installed and dishwasher is up an running. Where do I go in order to pay?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great news, very well done! You may simply rate my service using this screen, thank you!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!