Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidaire, front loader. Drum was not turning. Took

I have a frigidaire, front loader. Drum was not turning. Took off back panel and the belt was off. The sides were covered in belt particles' Ordered new belt. Installed by forcing the new belt on by turning the drum and stretching the blt to fit. The new belt did not make it trough the first wash.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay perfect, grab the main pulley. Drive PulleyNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View pull it in and out does it move in and out ? also try that side to side. spin the pulley by hand also. is there any noise like the bearing may be failing ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still has water in it but the pulley doesn't seem to move in or out, side to side can turn even with the water

okay so the door is locked and this still has water. mmm try putting this is drain. Hit cancel drain. will it drain ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes The door opens the draining works. I had tried the washer and it added water after I had already drained.. So it is empty now

Okay one more test, open the door and reach inside. lift the inner drum up and down , does it move up and down like its dropped in the front ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

opened door lifted the inner drum real light and drops when lifted

okay thats what I was afraid of. the reason you belt is going is the rear bearing has failed. This is a huge issue on these washers. Rear Drum with BearingNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product Viewthe problem is they don't sell the bearing separately. it only comes with the rear drum. (Rear outer tub assembly with bearing and shaft seal) so in other words you would have to replace the whole rear half of the outer drum. this is around $241.00 and thats without any labor charge. not sure you want to spend that much, heres a link to the drum though if you want to try and replace this yourself. Sorry for the bad news, hope this helps though, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not what I wanted to hear. Do you recommend a brand> We also have a LG large front loader on the second floor and it is terrible. rusted, front door leaks( we strap it closed) water continues to run so we time it and turn off water. Probly we will replace both.

Thanks for your help