Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kitchen aid slide in gas range. Only back left igniter is working.

Customer Question

Kitchen aid slide in gas range. Only back left igniter is working. I can light the other burners only by lighting this one first
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kgss907sss00
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay perfect. Now do the other burners spark without turning that one burner on or is there no spark without it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't spark on their own
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay that means the spark module has failed. Spark Module W10331686 Main Product View you need to order and replace it to fix your issue. I have included a link below to order it and also at that link is a video to show you how to replace it. the module is around $210.00 but is in stock. click this link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spark-Module/W10331686/1937904?modelNumber=KGSS907SSS00?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How tricky is it to install. Do instructions come with part?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
when you click on that blue link it takes you to where you can order it, when you get to the site theres a button that says see help video. click that .its very easy to replace. its right in the back mounted in the control panel. very simple. Smile
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi
I just installed the$200 replacement part and I am having the same exact problem. Am I missing a step?
Thanks
Will
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
I'm not sure,Its doing the same thing ? thats strange,theres no way 3 out of four switches failed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes. The back left igniter works but the other 3 do not. The only way I can light those is by using the back left igniter to spark them
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
mmm, okay so when you start the other burner they spark then when you turn them on just like before. the strange thing about that is that theres only two parts for the spark ignition the spark module (you replaced) and the switches.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
its rare that 3 out of four would fail and also they work when you turn them after the other burner is turned on so they are working. the only thing I would suggest at this point is return the module they will take it back and try replacing the switch assembly here the link to that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Wire-Harness/9756824/1066318?modelNumber=KGSS907SSS00?RCAID=1000065 , if that doesn't work I'm stumped. thats all there is and like I said its very rare that these would fail all at once.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ya. I can even see the spark on the front left burner sparking. I can light any of them as long as I turn the back left to lite .
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
well it sounds like the harness on the switches may be shorted, I'm sorry these are hard to diagnose on line unfortunately. if it does the same as before thats all I can think of at this point .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What about if the wires connected to the module were in the wrong order? Would that make a difference? I just copied what I took out but if that was incorrect? Do you know what the correct order is?
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
that would make a difference but if its doing the very same thing I doubt thats the issue.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
no problem I'll be here if you need me. thanks, Bryan