Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Maytag mdb7759aww wont clean, leaves film. suspect it is not

Maytag mdb7759aww won't clean, leaves film. suspect it is not draining properly between cycles. (Had this problem with another dishwasher in the past). I'm not sure how to get to the screen or filter. I don't want to break any of the plastic parts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. An exploded view might be helpful but I can't seem to find one online. Thanks, EE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your proble

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

If you can give 10 minutes I think I have a video on it, if not an exploded view?

m today..
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Here is a video showing how to replace the food chopper assembly, this will get you to area that you want to clean, let me know if it works for you?

Click here for video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, doesn't seem to be anything blocking the food chopper or filter. Any other suggestions as to what might be causing this problem? Also, there is not a foreign object protector on my machine. The screw hole is there but the actual cover is not. Do you think this is something that was missed at assembly or is it not necessary on this model?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that item 8 is missing

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, The piece that I am talking about is on the video but it does not appear on this view so it must not be used on my model. Any other ideas as to why my dishwasher is not cleaning

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It could be the water level is not deep enough, when the unit fills with water, how close is it to the heating element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

fills to the element

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That is correct then, how about the spray arms, any holes clogged in them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The drain loop going to the sink drain, is it located high above the drain port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

drains into the garbage disposal. seems to drain fine. I never see any standing water. we have had the dishwasher for over 2.5 years and have never had a problem until now.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
When you run water into your sink, does it ever back up at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Which dishwashing detergent are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tops store brand. Never had a problem with it.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
In the last year they had to remove all phosphates from the detergent, also if you are using a powder brand and the box is not sealed tightly, it goes bad in about 45 days and stops working properly. I have always recommended Cascade Complete powder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will try it. why powder as opposed to liquid?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Liquid seems to leave a layer in the bottom of the dishwasher if the dispenser leaks at all around the seal/