Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

hi

hi

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..that model seems off , its not coming up , do you have any different numbers? how old is the fridge ? is it freezer on bottom ? sxs?

Customer:

Model is MBF226KEB a stack unit with freezer on the bottom. I bought in 2008.

Customer:

Hi Randy

Customer:

I used the cont board troubleshooting instr for the Jazz Card.All the test check good.Question is if the Deforst & Defrost circuit Test

Customer:

check good. Will the heating element also be check to? The instr states defrost thermostat state.

Customer:

Hi Randy

Randy 43 :

does the thermostat show as shorted (closed)? is the frost mostly just on that rear panel?

Customer:

Yes

Randy 43 :

ok thx , to recap the fan runs in the freezer , the rear panel is over frosted , you put into diagnostics and the the thermostat comes up as SH ?

Customer:

S for close

Randy 43 :

thats right sorry , they call shorted as closed , but if all that checks out then the the jazz board is defective , it usually is either the board or the jazz board , if the thermostat is closed then you need to change the board and clear the frost , let it sit for a day .then it should be fine

Randy 43 :

i meant to say it is usually either the thermostat or the board

Randy 43 :

in this case it is the board

Customer:

Board is differant then the Jazz Board?

Randy 43 :

no they are the same thing , i messed up my above post

Randy 43 :

its the jazz board

Customer:

Does the heating element get check with the test of the termostat test too?

Randy 43 :

yes , if the heater is open then the thermostat wont show as closed, ive never seen a failed heater, they are very durable

Customer:

Rany I'm having to go for work now can you please give me little more information on board and jazz card are differant or the same thing.

Randy 43 :

jazz board is the same thing ,as you programmed , dont worry about the board that was me messing up when typing ..if you replace jazz board that will fix the issue

Customer:

Hi Randy

Customer:

I will be getting the jazz card this coming Tuesday and found the program code 01 off of the data form on the freezer. Looking forward to cold drinks and ice cream again. Thanks

Randy 43 :

good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy

It's working great and you help me fix it.

Thanks, Craig

ok , glad to hear that , let me know if any problems