Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My washer uses hot water only. Even when I set it on a cold

My washer uses hot water only. Even when I set it on a cold cycle. The cold water is turned on and there are no kinks in the hose. What should I do? It has already ruined my clothes that need cold water.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find the model number?

Lift the lid and look at the frame and lid. If it is not there check the back edge of the console.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did I give you the right number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I gave the model number and even asked if I gave the right number, but I have not gotten a response.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Again the model number is XXXXX

The model number just came through now the server has been slow. With that model if you set it to cold and it only allows hot water in you likely have a bad log valve. The valve has a thermister temp control in it and they go bad very often. Replace this part and you should be good to go. Just copy and paste this link into your address bar and sorry about the delay. Computers! Please rate my assistance thank you!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10364988/1862767
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know if that is the fix. Hope it is okay to rate you after I try your suggestion.

OK please come back to rate me. Thanks and again sorry for the delay.