Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

Have a ref with compressor not working, I know its board or

Have a ref with compressor not working, I know it's board or inverter board, model number pgss5pjxass how do I check

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

You will need a volt meter to do the checks. The inverter will have 2 harnesses. The bigger one should have 120 volts going to it. The small one should have about 5 volts going to it. If that checks out, do a continuity check on the compressor terminals, all 3 ways. They should all be equal. If all equal, replace inverter. If readings are way off, or grounded, replace compressor. If no 120 or 5 volts to inverter, replace main board. You can parts needed at, just enter in the model#. If this information has assisted you, please give a goo to great rating for doing so. You can always respond back if needed. thank you

I noticed that you were not able to give me a good to great rating yet. Was there anymore information that you needed. Please let me know....Thank you