Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

HELP, my microwave just stopped working? I was baking a potatoe

HELP, my microwave just stopped working? I was baking a potatoe for 3 mins. It finished, then i opened the door and power to the unit went out? All other appliances ares till working. I checked my breaker box, nothing tripped? I unplugged the microwave and replugged it but the power is still not on. What should i do?

Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you, Judy
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunate we can not call you and all communication will need to be through this chat box. That being said, so you have a model number located on a sticker somewhere inside the microwave cavity?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK perfect. So unfortunately this is a fairly inexpensive microwave which means that some parts are not even sold because they are not worth replacing and ewave knows that so they just don't sell the parts separately. That being said, if there are no signs of life on your microwave, either it's likely that one of your fuses has gone bad or the control board has failed.  Below is a link to a video that will show you how to access and test the fuses.  If they check good, then replace the control board.  The location of the fuses may be slightly different than the video itself, but the appearance is the exact same so just look around a bit to find the fuses.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!