Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Within 15/20 seconds of starting my dishwasher cycle, it ends

Within 15/20 seconds of starting my dishwasher cycle, it ends and the "Check Water" light comes on. The dishwasher is less than 4 years old.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Does the unit fill at all with water?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The unit is not filling with water. What should I do?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The unit does not fill with water.

Ok then you need to check the dishwasher fill valve to see if it is getting power from the control. Remove the bottom kick panel. The valve is right there where the water hooks up. Remove the screws to get the valve out a bit and check the 2 wires to the valve for 120 volts when you start the unit. If you have power there when the unit is started and it is not working replace the valve. If there is no power at the valve you may have a bad control or possible flood condition under the unit. So when you pull the valve out see if there is any water in the catch basin under the unit.