Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My LG fridge freezer fan is getting condensate buildup. How

My LG fridge freezer fan is getting condensate buildup. How do I access the fan to remove and how do I prevent this from continuing?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Here is a video for you on how to get at the fan. Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is not my exact model but I think I get the idea. I'll have to do it tomorrow, getting too late now. I don't think the motor is bad just that "m getting some condensate buildup or runoff from ice maker around the fan. How do I prevent that?

Check to see how much ice is built up and see if it is dripping down onto the fan or if it looks like condensation...let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Took it all apart and it appears that water from the ice maker feed tube was dribbling down from where it enters the box and freezing and building up. It was a pretty good chunk almost all the way down to the coils. Tube appeared fine but I didn't disassemble any further. Tube has perforations along the top, but it didn't seem to be coming from there like the pressure is too high or something. Let me know what you think and I'll finish rating. thanks

The water pressure may be too high or the water valve may be leaking causing water to overfill and leak. It would be one of the two issues.