Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

LG WM2042CW front load washer , Code came up ( LE ) , any

LG WM2042CW front load washer , Code came up ( LE ) , any ideas as to what parts would be needed to fix this problem ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Are there soap suds visible in the drum?

Over-sudsing is the main cause of LE error codes. Using non-HE (high efficiency) detergents or too much detergent will cause stress on the motor. In addition, detergent residue can also cause leaking and odor. Follow these steps to resolved an LE error code caused by over-sudsing.

Step 1: Unplug the washer and allow the unit to sit for 30 minutes to give the suds time to dissolve.

Step 2: Plug the washer back in and press [Power] to turn on the washer.

Step 3: Do not choose a washing cycle. Press the [Spin Speed] key until "No Spin" is selected.

Step 4: Press [Start/Pause] to begin a drain only cycle.

Step 5: After the drain only cycle has completed, remove the clothing items from the machine. Turn the power back on and select [Rinse and Spin] and then press [Start/Pause]. This will remove excess soap suds and light residue from the drum. Repeat this step until no visible suds are in the drum of the washer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no there are no suds in the machine at all. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you heard of a bad hall sensor being the main problem with these lg washers showing the LE code ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you still around or are you OFF LINE ?? If your off line let me know I have been waiting and am going to bed soon.

There was a server issue...yes it could be a bad hall sensor. That is very common. It is located behind the unit behind the rotor..if you are getting the error all the time you should replace that sensor.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.