Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my Kenmore ultra wash quiet guard dishwasher goes through the

my Kenmore ultra wash quiet guard dishwasher goes through the wash cycle and doesn't get past that cycle - help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "doesn't get past that cycle"? Does it just keep washing forever and never finishes? How long have you let it run for?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It runs through the wash cycle, then runs through the wash cycle again. I have hit cancel after about 45 minutes of this

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It goes from washing/sensing to washing and then does this over & over, never going into the final cycles (sanitizing, drying). I let it run for about 45 minutes doing this and then cancel

OK does it continue to wash forever if you watch it during this 45 minutes or does it drain the water out and then refill and start washing and keep doing this over and over?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

it continues to wash forever - never drains

OK so there are really only two parts that can cause this issue---the control board and the turbidity sensor. Now the turbidity sensor monitors the clarity of the water. Unfortunately it shoots a laser beam through a small gap and you can't test this device so it's somewhat of a guess as to which part has failed, but most of the time, it's the control board. That's why I would recommend ordering the control board from Repairclinic.com as they will allow you to return control boards if you end up not needing them. The control board is located inside the door in the upper right hand corner and costs about $150 or so depending on the exact model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I understand that sometimes the control panel can be reset by pushing certain of the cycle buttons in a sequence. do you know of this?

It can yes, but not for this issue. You can try if you wanted to. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I'll try it - thanks for the help.

No problem and good luck!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.