Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag centenial MVWC6ESWW1 that wont fill , the cold

I have a Maytag centenial MVWC6ESWW1 that wont fill , the cold valve works w/ 110v ... the basket spins if the timer is advanced ... how do i test the fill valve --- Timer or fill valve --- or am i totally off
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the valve is not the problem if it won't fill on warm, hot, or cold. This unit has a very common issue I'm afraid and your temperature sensor switch has failed inside the control panel. The part number is XXXXX and it costs about $75 or so. But you'll need to order and replace this part to fix the issue---not the timer or the fill valve.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i check for power going in but not out to confirm ? i have an 11 pin plug and a 3 pin plug ...

You can't actually because it's all low voltage circuitry on the plug. That really isn't a switch, it's a control board. What you can do is test power at the valve and if you don't have power at the valve, then replace that switch.