Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi...! So, the fridge was working wonderfully, until few hrs

Hi...! So, the fridge was working wonderfully, until few hrs ago,( I believe, because the ice trays are not fully melted.) Anyways, there is a little click I hear now & again, I hear the fan blowing but, stuff not getting cold...again. What next..?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

That click you hear every few minutes is the key to your problem. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out.  It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over.  Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator.  Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor.  There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it.  This is your overload relay.  Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it.  If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced.  If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Whew....Got it off. And it does rattle.! So, where can I pick one up..?

If you have a Sears Parts and Service center near you then you can pick one up there. Or you can order one online from a place like or But you'll need your full model number to order the correct part. The model is located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the refrigerator door.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!