Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Kitchen aid dishwasher mod # XXXXX Washer fills then

Kitchen aid dishwasher mod # XXXXX Washer fills then startsbut not enough water to turn arms. What water is in it drains out when I open the door
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

To clarify the dishwasher fills but then when it goes into the wash cycle the spray arms dont spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Mike can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem

Ok the problem here is going to be you have a clog in the circulation system, You will need to take the lower spray head out, next remove the drain filter then the impeller and chopper blade. Clear whatever is blocking the system then put the machine back together and try it. If you are still having a problem then the impeller kit is likely worn and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK , took it apart ,found no obstruction,still got not enough pressure to turn after initial startup. Impeller?

Yes, click on the link below to order the replacement kit.

Click here

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry to bother again but i have replaced the impeller . the customer just got back from vacation and says it still acts like it doesnt have enough water in the tub to keep pressure in the arms after startup. it kind of sucks that i didnt find this out until now but they left the day after i did it. what else could it be ?

I take it you checked the sump for clogs? you also checked the spray arms? if you didn't mike check those out, if you did sounds like the motor has weakened.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

checked both of those out first . is that pump worth fixing or is it that time

it's time plus expensive to buy the replacement....happened to me a few times mike.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just looked on sears, parts discontinued. looks like problem solved . i guess thats one way . once again thanks for the help

Ok Mike thanks, Have a great holiday weekend