Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi brian, Darren I have a question on a maytag washer that

hi brian, Darren I have a question on a maytag washer that I don't have a model # XXXXX quite yet going to call now but Its a top loader maytag with a lid locking problem and top loading lid will not open you have any feed back on this problem which I believe to be common even if I don't have a model # XXXXX ?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon Darren, well thats a tough one without a model but there are a couple of different lid switches that do have issues in these top load Maytags. one is this one. click this blue link. there a video on how to replace it. get the machine open and if its that one they do fail quite often. now there are others but thats the most common with issues. you can order it at that link also. theres also this one. Door or Lid Latch Assembly W10059230 Main Product View this doesn't fail as often though. heres the link for that one. ten theres the machines with two locks ! LOL sorry, these are what they look like . theres one on each side. if you get me a model number later I will try and get you the diagnostic info.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im heading in now I will get back to you with a model # XXXXX soon as possible. from what your saying it sounds as if this common problem could be more a lid lock issue and not a control board issue so far maybe ? I will get back in a few minutes with a model # XXXXX so far

yes thats my guess, the switches do fail. I can bring up the diagnostics as soon as I have a model number. talk then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brian the model # XXXXX XXXXX (O) ? SERIAL # XXXXX

Is this the model that has the lid lock assembly switch that goes quite often ?

yup ! okay try this .

To access Manual Test Mode, perform steps 1 and 2 of Activating the Service Diagnostic Modes. Turn the cycle selector knob until the status LEDs or display correspond as follows:

"Spin & Done" LEDs On, "03" Displayed on 7-segment (if exists)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the help brian I left you some excellent feedback and a tip I appreciate you getting back to help me so quick thanks again Darren

your welcome Darren, If you still need help get back to me and we can go over other things, thanks. Bryan