Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag Front Loader MAH2400AWW wont start - electricity is

Customer Question

Maytag Front Loader MAH2400AWW won't start - electricity is fine. I get a Dl signal - door not locked. In fact it seems to be locked normally. I have tried shutting down and restarting. No luck. Suspect either something inside door lock - I cannot see anything. Or else electronic problem. Machine purchased 15 months ago so is out of warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. Actually It could still be the lock assembly. Even though the door locks that doesn't mean the board knows its locked. there are switches that send a signal to the control telling the board the door is locked so if the switch is bad the signal doesn't get to the board telling it that its actually locked. I'm pulling up the service sheets for the diagnostic procedure, I'll be back shortly. thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
Okay on this machine all the tech sheets are in the machine.

See Technical Sheet or Mini Manual packed

behind Toe Panel. remove the tow panel number 22 on this diagram and find the tech sheets. this has the diagnostic procedure in it. let me know when you find that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK found the diagnostic sheets

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay it should say on them how to invoke diagnostics does it ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay try putting this in diagnostics mode see what comes up
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
I didn't get any response ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

sorry I was playing around with the machine trying to figure it out

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

did you get my last two responses?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
only the one where you said you were playing around trying to get it into diagnostics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

"service" mode I assume is the same as diagnostics

It is just a matter of pressing two keys Spin and Temperature at the same time for three seconds until control beeps which it did

then there is a page of "test or display" options

Quick Spin Test

Hold Quick Spin Step

Fast Time Down

Quick Service Cycle

HOld quick service cycle

LED/Switch Test

Board Input Test

etc

Not sure which I am supposed to test

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
does it have door lock test ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes maybe...it seems to be listed as a sub-option under "Board Output Test" I will give it a try - I just did, and the door seems to have locked.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
and no error codes?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no none, I tried following the directions on diagnostic codes, press the chime button and rotate and cycle select know, display supposed to show a d...I guess then followed by the diagnostics number, but it didn't I will give it another try

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
okay, I think the door switch is faulty, let me know if you get an error code the second try. Dl definitely means door lock, I don't think its sending a signal to the board.Door Lock 34001011 Main Product ViewDoor Lock 34001011 Main Product View
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Guess what. Now the damn machine has started to work again. Somehow all the jiggling convinced the door lock to send a signal to the board!!!

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.
Awesome ! you may want to check the plugs on it though so it doesn't happen again. they may be loose. thanks and have a great day ! , Bryan