Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Can an FP Dryer M/N AD39. P/Code 93213-A be modified to be

Can an FP Dryer M/N AD39. P/Code 93213-A be modified to be 'Reversing' by modifying the motor wirering as per the Model AD55.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Yes they are the same motor, so if you can follow the wiring it should work just fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
according to FP specs. the motors for the two models are infact different
and have different codes ( D3 for the AD39 & D5 for the AD55 ), I'm just wanting to be absolutely sure before trying the simple fix.
I am showing part(NNN) NNN-NNNNas the motor for both of those units. You may have a different serial and that could be the issue. If so the motors may be different and then no it could not be done. So if you are seeing a different part number than that for your series, then no you could not do it.