Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE French Door bottom 2 door freezer refrigerator.

I have a GE French Door bottom 2 door freezer refrigerator. Model ge pgcs1pjzss

The refrigerator is not cooling, but the freezer is working.

I recently replaced the door gaskets on the fridge doors. Help the frig is 56 degrees inside

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, Is the fan in the freezer running ? can you feel any cold air flowing from the freezer to the refrigerator section? are the gaskets you replaced seating correctly? nice and tight ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gaskets simply fit into the groove and I have repressed them to make sure they are seated. I can feel no cool ar flowing from the freezer to frig. (ummm... in what area would I be feeling this?)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fan in freezer is running

okay can you feel air comming into the refrigerator section from the freezer ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where am suppose to be feeling it? Where does it blow up from?

feel in the back middle number 235 on this diagram. there should be air flowing out that. its the damper assembly .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the back on the inside. No. No airflow

okay locate the door light switch and press that in to shut the light off inside then feel again and wait a minute for the damper to open.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

open the door, put my finger on the light switch to turn the light off. Nothing. waiting a minute. nothing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

located the light switch, put my finger on in for a minute. Took it off...nothing no airflow

Is something blocking it?

you have to hold the light off for a minute while this opens. when you let off it closes. it only opens with the light switch in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hold one. I taped the I could time it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope nothing

okay one more thing , open the freezer and look at the back wall , ids there any frost on it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's Hawaii...there is humidity everywhere....however, the only frost in the freezer is near the gasket. The back looks clear

okay well i don't know why the damper would fail just from changing the gaskets but thats whats going on. Damper Control Assembly WR17X12456      Main Product ViewDamper Control Assembly WR17X12456      Main Product View this is assembly 251 on the diagram. it will need to be replaced. below is a link to the part. its called the air tower. ;pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G1103287&diagramPageId=00005&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=PGCS1PJZASS&subCompDesc=Fresh%20food%20section&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=BOTTOM MOUNT REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=PGCS1PJZASS&keyId=251

copy and paste that link to your browser.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well that doesn't make my day. Thanks for helping. Guess I just throw out the food. Better luck another day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Something is missing on the link you gave me.

I'm sorry. You know what you can do is take this apart and unplug the damper, then open it about 1/3 by hand. it will cool the refrigerator fine until you get the part. also check and see if theres just ice frozen and keeping it from opening .

try this link...... damper/air tower

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the damper/air tower located? I took the damper cover off, there is nothing there that looks like the example

its down below that part you were feeling for the airflow actually. the assembly is number

do you see this part ? its part number 216

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

part 216. ok, where am I suppose to be looking? In the freezer, in the frig? under the meat tray? Outside of the frig?

inside the refrigerator , its probably right behind the drawers. near the bottom inside the refrigerator section.