Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag MFI2568AES, have had 4 repairs in 6 months,

I have a Maytag MFI2568AES, have had 4 repairs in 6 months, unit shut down won't cool, 1 st repair control board, weeks later same thing, replaced compessor relay, 3rd time wire to the comperssor start switch has been hot wire partly melted at terminal, Compressor power ok, and is drawing correct amps/voltage, Just had start relay replaced again 4 weeks ago, and unit shut down ast night at midnight.......

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Is this completely dead ? no fans at all running ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fans are running, just won't cool again!

Okay , I'm not sure if you have a volt meter or not but if you do can you check for 120 volts going to the compressor ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have a volt meter but am not at home right now had call out at work

Okay when you get home can you check that? I think your issue is the compressor is drawing to many amps when it starts thus its blowing the relays. thats my best answer to your issue. It has to be overdrawing to blow the relay more than once.