Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We hve a Kitchenaid Induction Cooktop that we have had in use

We hve a Kitchenaid Induction Cooktop that we have had in use for about 4 years. Tonight my wife walked past it and gave it a wipe with a towel to tidy it up and everything went blank. I looked at the circuit breaker panel and the circuit breaker was not tripped. I have pushed the start button and the unlock button and still have no lights and no response.

What's up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! The first thing to try is a reset of the electronics. Turn the breaker off for at least one hour and see if it comes back to life. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK

wilco

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I will await good news! :-)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have reset the breaker and there is NO change. The unit still does not turn on.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so no lights or beeps, nothing at all?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No lights, no beeps, nothing at all.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. So, here is the scoop with this unit. Everything is under the very expensive glass top ($742.75, pictured below). The entire unit will need to be removed from the counter top and the entire top assembly removed to access a fuse I believe has opened, shown as number 13 in the diagram below. This is a pretty expensive fuse, running about $55. So, knowing everything involved and the potential for disaster with the nearly $750 glass top, I would strongly suggest you pay to have a servicer assume that liability and replace that fuse. However, if you prefer, I am happy to link you to the fuse and prepare disassembly instructions for you. Just let me know how you would like to proceed and we can make a plan.

This is the breakdown showing the top parts above where you need to get to replace the fuse.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I think I will have a service person come and look into it.

Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I agree with that decision. Have a great day!

Authorized Service can be reached at 1-800-253-1301

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!