Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We hve a Kitchenaid Induction Cooktop that we have had in use

We hve a Kitchenaid Induction Cooktop that we have had in use for about 4 years. Tonight my wife walked past it and gave it a wipe with a towel to tidy it up and everything went blank. I looked at the circuit breaker panel and the circuit breaker was not tripped. I have pushed the start button and the unlock button and still have no lights and no response.

What's up?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The first thing to try is a reset of the electronics. Turn the breaker off for at least one hour and see if it comes back to life. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will await good news! :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have reset the breaker and there is NO change. The unit still does not turn on.

Okay, so no lights or beeps, nothing at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No lights, no beeps, nothing at all.

Thank you. So, here is the scoop with this unit. Everything is under the very expensive glass top ($742.75, pictured below). The entire unit will need to be removed from the counter top and the entire top assembly removed to access a fuse I believe has opened, shown as number 13 in the diagram below. This is a pretty expensive fuse, running about $55. So, knowing everything involved and the potential for disaster with the nearly $750 glass top, I would strongly suggest you pay to have a servicer assume that liability and replace that fuse. However, if you prefer, I am happy to link you to the fuse and prepare disassembly instructions for you. Just let me know how you would like to proceed and we can make a plan.

This is the breakdown showing the top parts above where you need to get to replace the fuse.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I will have a service person come and look into it.

I agree with that decision. Have a great day!

Authorized Service can be reached at 1-800-253-1301

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!