Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE washer model WJRE5550H1WW that does not agitate

I have a GE washer model WJRE5550H1WW that does not agitate or spin. I read the response from four years ago, but did not find it helpful.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

First have you tried a hard reset on this ? unplug the machine for 1 minute then plug it back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times withing 12 seconds ? heres a link to a video to show you how to reset this if you wish to watch it.

If that doesn't work Can you remove the front panel and take a look at the motor ? on top of the motor is an electronic board , it has a blinking light on top can you count the blinks?

Do you still need help? I haven't heard back from you and was wondering if the reset worked?

I hope the reset worked, please let me know so we can look at other causes. thanks, Bryan
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up,Is there anything else your expert can assist you with ? Did He or She help to resolve your issue?If you still need help just reply and they will continue to assist you. All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, They don't receive credit for helping you until you rate them 3 or above. This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.