Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

We removed and then reconnected a Bosch dishwasher model bosch

Customer Question

We removed and then reconnected a Bosch dishwasher model bosch model she43p06uc/61.

After it was reconnected, it was working fine. The the dishwasher stopped working. We found that the hot water supply was was accidentally shut off. After turning on the hot water supply, the dishwasher does not fill with water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

Have you verified that you have water going to the valve

Customer:

Yes, the water is going into the valve.

repairguy :

The piece on the water valve that opens the water is called a solenoid.

Customer:

Ok, like on a car

repairguy :

Go ahead and start the unit, it should drain and then fill, put your finger on the solenoid and it should kind of vibrate, or if you have a meter, you can verify 120 volts going to the valve

Customer:

We tried to start the dishwasher, but it won't fill.

Customer:

Are you saying to replace the solenoid?

repairguy :

no i just need to try and figure out if it is trying to open, which means the control board is telling it to work, if that is the case we will need to replace the water valve

Customer:

Ok, unfortunately the dishwasher is not close by - so, let me know if this is the answer:

Customer:

We turn on the machine

Customer:

Check to see if the solenoid is vibrating, if it is, we gather that the solenoid is working

Customer:

and the solenoid controls the valve.

Customer:

If the solenoid is working, we need to change the valve

Customer:

Is that correct?

Customer:

Could the problem be caused by trying to run the machine with the water supply to the machine turned off?

repairguy :

Kind of, if it is vibrating we know it is getting power and then we change the valve

Customer:

ok, we'll check the solenoid as you instructed. Do you think the problem was due to starting the dishwasher with the water supply turned off?

repairguy :

607335 is the valve assy, you can buy it from www.searspartsdirect.com for $25.49\

repairguy :

possibly but real hard to say for sure

Customer:

do you know the solenoid part number in case that is the issue?

repairguy :

The solenoid is part of the valve assy and can not be purchased seperately

Customer:

oh, so that part is the solenoid and the valve together

Customer:

Hello?

repairguy :

Yes, sorry for the delay

repairguy :

it is just impossible to tell if the valve opens, that is why i ask you to touch the solenoid

Customer:

ok, we'll see what we can do - but, it looks like there is a special tool needed to replace the part

Customer:

if we find that the solenoid is not working

Customer:

Guess we will need a repair service

repairguy :

No it is a t20 star bit, you can buy that at any hardware store or if you get a screwdriver kit with all the little attachments it is usually located in there. All you do is disconnect the power and the water line from the valve, remove the two screws and lift out, then reverse the process to install

repairguy :

This is definetly a DIY type job

Customer:

Oh, I have all those bits, but there looks to be a pin inside the head of the fastener

repairguy :

I have never seen a Bosch do that, but you are with the unit the one with a nipple in them are security screws, I am pretty sure you can do it with a regular t20

Customer:

ok will try it. thanks.

repairguy :

Anytime, please take a moment to rate my answers before you leave.

Customer:

ok will do

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

We swapped out the solenoid/valve part and it didn't solve the problem. We called an appliance repair service they are supposed to get there next Thursday, would like to fix it prior to that.

This machine was working fine, the water supply was shut off, the machine was turned on for use, and it didn't work. When the water supply was turned back on, the unit wouldn't work.

We swapped out the part you suggested, but the problem remains.

What else can we do? If we caused this problem by not turning on the water supply and then the unit was tried to start, it is our responsibility to fix the machine. If this didn't cause the problem, it isn't our responsibility to repair it.

Is there a reset button or something on the machine that could have been triggered because the machine was not getting water into it?

Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.
Ok to start you did not cause this problem, by trying to operate with the water off. When you had the solenoid off did you run water through the water line to verify it was working? The only other part that sends voltage to the water valve is the control board. did you ever get a voltage meter? It would be easier if we knew if the valve was getting power or not
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Good to know that we did not cause this problem.

No, we did not try a volt meter. Maybe we can try that next week, we can't do it this weekend.

Yes, the water supply was working.

Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.
We are really going to have chase the voltage to get you farther along, my son has football practice every night next week, so I will be more than happy to help you out as I will have my computer with me during those practices.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok, we'll see what we can do. Thanks, have a great weekend!

Expert:  Rick replied 12 months ago.
You too!