Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

the weather stripping around both doors is getting hot on my

the weather stripping around both doors is getting hot on my side by side jenn-air refrigerator. It seems to be running all the time.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

I will need you to pull out the refrigerator and remove the rear panel

repairguy :

Once removed you should see a condensor fan

repairguy :

I need you to make sure it is running, at that time also please take a look at the condensor coil and remove any built up dust on the coils

Customer:

the fan was not running but I started it by hand and it ran.

repairguy :

You have a bad motor most likely, the striping will cool down now, the refrigerant was not getting the proper cooling and that is why it got hot. I am also attaching a link to where you can buy the part needed. Most likely the fan will not start the next time either.

repairguy :

http://www.automaticappliance.com/lookup/73037/428282 you will need part number 13

repairguy :

Can i help with anything else?

Customer:

I will watch it tonight get back on it tomorrow. The weatherstrip is warm but not hot. I will clean the fan and see what happens. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX can handle it now.