The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

We have a Whirlpool Washer model # XXXXX that will not

We have a Whirlpool Washer model # XXXXX that will not spin and comes up with error code F25. What does that mean? What is the price of getting it fixed?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
You have a drive motor tachometer failure.
Do you have a volt ohm meter and know how to use it?

Labor to have this repaired runs about $80.00 to $100.00 depending on the going rate in your area.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. Most times this is the motor that has failed. The tachometer is part of the motor and unfortunately is not available separately.

The motor runs about $250.00.

The problem, is that it can also be the motor control board. Thery run about the same price as the motor.

If you do not have a volt ohm meter and know how to do an ohms test then I must suggest that you have a repair service handle this for you. I would hate to recommend replaceing either component without doing at least some basic tests to be sure which component needs to be relaced.

If you like I can see who is available in your area to do the repair for you. Please provide your zip code if you would like me to do that for you.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**