Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

I have a Samsung that is cooling in the refrigerator but freezer

I have a Samsung that is cooling in the refrigerator but freezer is 45 degrees and steady I get a flashing signal on the freezer temp side that will not hold steady Any suggestions?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Ok there are to set of digit "8"'s for each fridge and freezer. The left "8" on the freezer (left side) has a bar blinking on the right "8" of the freezer pair. Which bar on that "8" is blinking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

left side freezer side

Which digit of the "8" is blinking. This is important, for it is a code. Please let me know.....Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a temperature flashing -2 degrees

Oh, ok. Please open the freezer and look at the rear inside panel, do you see frost back there on the rear wall?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes there is but it is not bad.

Unplug the fridge for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Let me know if that clears up the problem....thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unplugged waited 30 seconds plugged back in left side temperature flashing

It sounds that you have a defrost problem in the freezer section. You will have to remove the inside rear cover. If the cooling coil is frosted up, then you will need to test. Both sensors should have a continuity reading, The heater is part of the cooling coil. You should see a harness to test the heater. There is also a drain heater that has a harness that can be tested as well. If any part doe not have continuity, then replace that part. The cooling coil heater is part of the cooling coil, so the cooling coil will have to be replaced to fix that part. Refer to this sears website for parts reference, and to order parts as well.....If this information has assisted you, please give a great rating for doing so......thank you