Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

RE: Sears electric dryer mdl: (NNN) NNN-NNNN XXXXX side vent kit

RE: Sears electric dryer mdl: (NNN) NNN-NNNN XXXXX side vent kit to vent directly to the left side of the dryer: Kit D26-496670.
Question: Does this dryer infact allow for side venting out the left hand side?
Question: How far from the rear of the dryer is the outlet hole?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Yes this can vent out of either side as you can see in this diagram. its not far from the back of the dryer, maybe 1 inch or so. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just what was needed. I had three AC vent guys standing around with their thumbs up @)_**^@), not knowing where to put the entrance into the side wall.

Sears "No-Help" line was up to it's usual uselessness.

Maui Bob

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to help. You just need to punch out the cover in the hole on the dryer., ( its perforated) and there you go. Thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so i get credit for helping you. have a great day, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Expert:  Bryan replied 12 months ago.
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, They dont get credit for helping you until you rate them 3 or above. This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.