Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I bought a new house,last week, and the GE profile PFSS6PKWBSS

I bought a new house,last week, and the GE profile PFSS6PKWBSS refrigerator, model no. AR079231, icemaker was "running sluggishly", said the owner, at the walk thru..

She was correct. it stopped making ice this Sunday. I changed the setting to _2F,waited 48 hrs, and it has only made 12-15 cubes.

There is no owners manual. Can you tell me what to do, so I can try to fix it without a service call?

Sincerely, Ms.Hilshey

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon. this is a French door bottom freezer with the ice maker in the refrigerator section is that correct ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

okay , These are a horror to work on, most likely the reason for your problem is the fan that blows air from the freezer section into the ice maker section of the refrigerator has failed and needs to be replaced, this is something you should have done by a tech. these can be very difficult to access, the whole freezer section has to come apart. sorry for the bad news. If the ice maker isn't getting or staying cold enough (0-8) degrees then they run real slow because it takes a long time to get the ice cubes frozen.