Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi. I have a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner IV. When I turn the

Hi. I have a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner IV. When I turn the power on, the "Pots & Pans" light flashes continuously. It will continue to flash regardless of which button I press EXCEPT the cancel button. When I press the Cancel button, both the "Pots & Pans" and "Normal" buttons flash independently.
Anybody know how to reset the machine or if something else should be done to fix the problem?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Give me a few minutes to pull up the tech sheets on this and I'll be back shortly. thanks, Bryan

Okay I'm back, try this, press and hold the heated dry key in for 5 seconds to see if this is in control lockout. sometimes this will reset the machine. if not unfortunately the main control board has failed and will need to be replaced to fix the issue. its located inside the door up near the control panel . I have included a link below to order the control.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for the info. As stated previously, none of the buttons work except the Cancel button. However I did try holding down the Heated Dry key and it had no effect. I am happy to order the part, however:

1. I found the product much cheaper here assuming it is the same part??
2. If the new control panel does not resolve the issue, can I send the item back for a refund?
3. Do I get a refund if your solution does not work?

yes thats the same far as sending the part back to the supplier you want to use I'm not sure thats up to them. I'm 99% sure it will fix your issue but the site I gave you will take it back even if its installed so check with the company you found and see if they allow returns. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Just installed the new part and the dishwasher behaves exactly the same....
What do I do now?
Okay well thats not good. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but it was bought in the UK and it states that AC testing must be 220-240 volts, unless you're just doing a circuit test
can you test the door switches for continuity with it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will have a look for the door switches tomorrow and try.
okay I'll be here working so let me know.thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not had a chance to complete the continuitybtest
okay no big deal, when you get the time thats fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm back from a trip hence the delay. Is it that you would like me to remove the panel again and test each of the buttons or something else?
the door switches to make sure that they are working correctly. there are two.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
there in the handle assembly. just remove the inner door panel and they are at the middle top . heres a link to a video on how to test them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The switch on the left has no reading regardless of which position the switch is in. The switch on the right has a very small reading.
okay then the one on the left is bad, you need to replace that. Manufacturer Number 8269209 sorry for the confusion.