Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Have a roper dryer model #RED4440VQ1 when it is plugged in

Have a roper dryer model #RED4440VQ1 when it is plugged in the heater coil comes on and nothing I do stops it checked the door switch all the fuses all seem to well and doing good the last question I asked it was the other way around the heater coil wouldn't come on and u said it was a problem in the motor I hope that isn't what is wrong now

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, Who Did you speak to before ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chas but that was on a different dryer and has nothing to do with this one I was just making a comment

okay, If the heater is comming on without starting the dryer at all the element is shorted to ground most likely in this one. can you pull the element ? pull the element and take a reading from the terminal to the can. if theres continuity its shorted. usually on this one it in the inner coil about halfway in,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks that seems to be the answer but I sure can't find see the break

well it may be welded to the side of the heater,these are hard to see all the way in. if its getting continuity to the ground its definitely shorted. thanks and best wishes, Bryan