Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A GE 18.2 CU, MODEL TBX18SI WATERR KEEPS RUNNING

I HAVE A GE 18.2 CU, MODEL TBX18SI WATERR KEEPS RUNNING IN ICE MAKER , REPL WATERR VALVE , YESTERDAY AND HAVE SAME PROBLEM PART #WR 57X 10033, WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE , OR MAYBE A BAD PART ?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you recheck that model number from the tag inside the refrigerator section on the wall or the ceiling ? its not comming up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im at work now

okay can you get that to me tonight ? In the meantime I will see what I can dig up and get back to you.
Let me ask you one more thing. When you say the water keeps flowing into the ice maker do you actually see the water overflowing from it ?or is there water on the floor of the freezer and thats why you think its overflowing ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes water definatly over flowing from ice maker i have a pas under the ice maker and everything is out of freezer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the water is definnetly overflowing from ice maker

okay theres only one other thing that it could be the issue in that case and thats the ice maker itself. the power for the valve comes only from the ice maker and no where else, since your valve has been replaced the ice maker is bad, its sending power to the valve when its not supposed to.there are micro switches in the ice maker that run on a cam so as the ice maker turns the cam hits the switch and sends the power to the valve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you but is micro switch avail or best to repl ice maker thanks again

Actually they do show the micro switch available you can order it at this link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Icemaker-Switch/WR29X5171/301127?modelNumber=WR30X0327?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

JUST 1 MORE THING HOW DO I GET ICE MAKER OUT DO I HAVE TO TAKE BACK OFF CABNET

I'm sorry the site is having issue's. the ice maker has two screws holding it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here