Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

Model JS42SEFXDA how do you get access to heater elements?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

I am assuming you are talking about the heater for the evaporator. It is located at the top of the freezer compartment. There should be a few screws holding the cover and then it will just lower for you, giving you access to the evaporator compartment where the heater is.

repairguy :

If there is something else, please let me know. or if i have directed you to the wrong piece please let me know what I can do to help you.

Customer:

I have removed the cover there is Styrofoam over the drip pan that has no screws as I can tell how do you lower the evaporator to access the elements

repairguy :

That stryofoam comes apart exposing the coil. I am going to attact a link to a website that will show you all the parts in play here.

Customer:

so you just pull down on the Styrofoam or is there hardware to remove

Customer:

I've pulled pretty hard and it don't want to budge

repairguy :

correct the styrofoam piece is working as a drian if Im not mistaken

Customer:

yes its covering the drain pan

Customer:

should it be very difficult to remove it ive pulled and pryed with a screw driver

repairguy :

Not that i remember, give me a second Im trying to get ahold of another tech to see if he has any additional information

Customer:

ok thanks a lot im in the business ive changed every kind of element this is my first like this I don't want break anything that doesn't have to :)

repairguy :

There is nothing holding that piece in place other than being wedge in place, the other tech said the same thing just pure force to remove

Customer:

that will work for me I really appreiciate it

repairguy :

anytime

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.